Learning Objectives Kansas City Be Healthy and Well Fair: Dr. Irv Cohen, MD, MPH Reversing Diabetes and Obesity; The New Hippocrates Diet
- Understanding Myths and Half Truths on diet.
- How Diets have changed and why many don’t work.
- Understanding how food is processed by our bodies.
- How to avoid diet busters.
- How to monitor your progress on the diet.
Dr. Jon O’Neal, MD, MPH Lifestyle Medicine and Your Heart:
- Relate use of Lifestyle Medicine(LM) to improve chronic disease outcomes.
- Compare and contrast the differences between Conventional and Lifestyle Medicine.
- Prescribe 4 Lifestyle Changes that can affect cardiovascular mortality risk.
- State the main study that proved lifestyle changes can regress coronary atherosclerosis.
Andy Dean, PA-C (Dermatology): Skin Cancer Prevention and Skin Wellness
- To identify the three main types of skin cancer and their characteristics
- To understand some of the risk factors for skin cancer
- To understand the process of photoaging and the effect of chronic ultraviolet light on skin
- To understand the importance of sunscreens, how they work and the criteria for choosing a good one.
Dr. Jesse W. Cheng, MD, MPH Homeopathic/Alternative Medicine and Vitamins – The Science
- Understand the objective science behind homeopathic remedies and cures.
- Understand the objective science behind various vitamins, supplements, probiotics, etc.
- Understand the dangers behind various herbal and homeopathic remedies.
Dr. Zhengyu Hu, MD, MS My Aching Neck and Back!!!
- Identify the anatomy of spine.
- Locate the sources of pain generators in the spine.
- When to seek specialist help and what to expect during a consultation.
- What are the treatment methods available.